Northborough Youth Basketball
Contact: Bob O'Beirne
NYBA Mission Statement
The Northborough Youth Basketball Association, Inc., is a non-profit organization formed and established to provide for the advancement of amateur basketball in the Town of Northborough. Under the direction of its volunteer board of directors, coordinators, and coaches, it will arrange, promote, organize and supervise amateur basketball competition for player’s grade 1 - 8 for residents of Northborough.
The following goals will guide the Association in its various activities:
1. To emphasize equal playing time far more than the importance of winning
2. To teach the skills of the game of basketball
3. To teach the rules of the game
4. To provide and encourage constructive coaching
5. To gain for each participant the following benefits:
a. To learn to work with others in a team endeavor
b. To learn to be gracious in victory as well as defeat
c. To obtain a level of physical fitness and coordination that will benefit them in later life
d. The knowledge that winning is not a life or death situation
New NYBA Web Site
This is being posted at the NYBA's request.
We would like to announce the Grand Opening of our new NYBA Web Site! We have teamed up with League Athletics to offer a new site that we will include a broader array of resources regarding NYBA activity, as well as key information and insights to help you improve your and your child’s experience with our program moving forward.
The web site is www.NorthboroYouthBasktball.org. We encourage all of you to log-in at your convenience and experience it for yourselves. Should you have any suggestions as to how we may improve the site, please let us know.
In addition, we wanted to alert you of the following important items:
• Summer Recreational Registration for basketball will begin in the 2nd week of June. The format will be similar to the past, with instructional drills and then games for both boys and girls in grades 1 to 8. There are no fees for summer basketball. Please watch the web site for more detailed information.
• Coaches – We are seeking parents to assist with coaching/coordinating duties for our summer program. It is a once a week commitment and can be a shared duty if we have enough volunteers. Primary duties are fairly simple and involve leading warm-ups, coordinating instructional drills, and managing games. Coaches are needed for Boys and Girls Grades: 1st& 2nd; 3rd& 4th; 5th& 6th; 7th& 8th.
• Winter Registration: Per parent request and to facilitate coordination of our rapidly growing program, registration for our winter season will now start on August 1st and end on September 30th. You will need to sign up for recreational basketball and/or Travel within those dates. This change will give us more time to organize the winter league. Communication will go out via email to all parents of previous players. Please also check our new web-site for additional info.
• “Travel coaches”: those interested in potentially coaching one of our winter travel teams can submit applications for next year starting this summer through the end of our winter registration process. Each year, we carefully review all applications and encourage all interested parties to consider submitting an application. If you have specific questions regarding travel coaching, please reach out to any one of our Board members. Our contact info is on the web-site.
• Coaching Clinics – the NYBA is planning to host coaching clinics this fall for coaches at all age levels (rec and travel) by former NBA basketball player, Bob Bigelow. In addition, we plan to provide ample resources for coaching drills via our website to assist our new coaches in their duties.
• Camps, AAU programs …check out the web-site for info on summer camps and AAU programs in our area.
Our goal is to provide parents with the tools and resources needed to help ensure your kids have the most optimal experience possible in improving as basketball players and as individuals. Basketball is a great game to learn how to be successful as a member of a team and in turn develop important lifelong skills that can be applied off of the court.
Thank you for helping us makes the NYBA a positive experience for your children.
NYBA Board of Directors
NS Youth Football and Cheer
P.O. Box 322
Northborough, MA 01532
Northborough Youth Soccer
Contact: Kevin McCormick
PO Box 141
Northborough, MA 01532
Northborough Youth Soccer is organized for children from ages 5-17 of the town of Northborough. It is an all volunteer organization dedicated to creating a fun environment for children to advance soccer skills and teach the life lessons of teamwork and determination.
Be sure to check the Field Hotline for the latest on Field Status. Kindergarten, Grade 1/2 Schedules are online. Links to the BAYS site Grade 3-9 Schedules can be found under the Schedules Menu tab above.
Town Youth Baseball/Softball
ALGONQUIN BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Contact: David Fialkow
PO BOX 147
Southborough, MA 01778
Dear Northborough Baseball and Softball Families:
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Algonquin Baseball and Softball Association, I wanted to send a quick note to update you on the exciting things going on with youth baseball and softball in Northborough and Southborough.
1) Our merger is legally complete and we are now one organization - Algonquin Baseball and Softball (ABSA). There is a new domain (algonquinbsa.org) that currently points to the Southborough website however, we are working on merging websites, social media, etc.. Please bear with us as this will take some time. There are many people that have worked, and continue to work, very hard in making this possible. We cannot thank them enough. Both organizations had a very dedicated and involved board of volunteers, and I am thrilled to report that every board member that wanted to continue has remained on the new ABSA Board. You can see the list here.
2) Registration for all age levels remains open. If you have not registered for the 2022 season, please do so now. Registration is still being handled on the Northborough and Southborough websites separately. Please register before January 30, 2022 so we can order the right amount of uniforms. All Softball for both towns will still go through the Northborough website this year.
3) As communicated earlier in the merger process, our plan for the 2022 season is to have fully integrated teams at the AAA and Majors levels. These teams will consist of players and coaches from both Northborough and Southborough. It is important for our league to fully integrate as soon as possible. Our summer all-star teams will also be fully integrated (with the exception of Cooperstown teams that were already formed/paid for) and our goal is for them to be more inclusive. The AA and below levels will operate as teams consisting of players exclusively from within each town. At this age level, the convenience of in town practices for families outweighs the benefits of full integration and the logistics associated therewith. We will, however, be combining events like Opening Day, Jamboree, Home Run Derby, etc. More details on all of this to come in the next couple of months.
4) If your player is planning on playing baseball at the AAA or majors level next season, they must be evaluated so that we can ensure proper league placement and the formation of fair teams. If your player did not attend an evaluation session in the fall, they need to attend this winter. You should have received an email on this already if it applies (as well as new registrations). Please sign up at this link.
5) Opening Day will be here before you know it. Please mark your calendars for Opening Day on Saturday, April 29 (with a rain date of Sunday, April 30). More details on time, location etc. to follow.
6) ABSA cannot be successful without your help. Our Board is 100% volunteers. We need your help to make the league great. We rely on volunteers like you to open and close fields, run concession stands, coach teams, coordinate leagues, run special events, hang signage, etc. You will get volunteer emails from time to time - please do not think that someone else will do it. We really do need and want your help. You can always check here for signups as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach to me at email@example.com.
Acre Bridge Road
Southborough, MA 01772
Our mission is to promote girls' youth lacrosse in an environment that emphasizes fun while developing skills, teamwork, good sportsmanship, self-confidence, and integrity. NSGL is a member of the Founders Girls Lacrosse League.
Contact: Kevin Staunton
Welcome to the Northborough-Southborough Youth Lacrosse program.
Our mission is to promote and honor the sport of lacrosse for the purpose of developing a love of the game through positive coaching, community among players, parents, coaches and officials. Our goal in honoring the game is that the game of Lacrosse teaches life lessons beyond the playing field. In doing so we recognize the importance of all players, and participation regardless of ability, talent or skill.
The NSYLA was formed to exclusively provide the youth of Northborough, Southborough and surrounding communities with instruction, training, and development to improve their capabilities in lacrosse through participation. The mission of the NSYLA Lacrosse program is conducted in an atmosphere of sportsmanship and fair play, free of any adult ambition or personal glory. This educational objective, the principles of team play, self-discipline, respect, good sportsmanship, and scholarship are stressed through a developmental process of instruction, practice, and learning of the fundamentals of the game while insuring the safety and well being of the children who participate.