Learn to Skate Program- Youth
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
TOT & YOUTH
For participants ages 4-15 with little or no formal skating instruction. Our group skating classes teach skating basics in a fun and comfortable environment for all participants – those who wish to play hockey, figure skate or just enjoy skating with family or friends. Skaters will be grouped by age and/or ability as possible.
Prerequisites: Tot sections are for 4-6 years, and Youth sections are for 6-15 years. Participants must be potty trained.
- BE PREPARED FOR CLASS
- - Participants learn how to fall down and get up the first week. Help your skater with this first lesson by viewing our instructional video and working with participants before you arrive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5uPzEEY8Y&feature=youtu.be
- - A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC helmet, is required and must be provided by the participant.
- - Please label the helmet with First Name, Last Initial on the front before arriving.
- - Wear warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement, long sleeves and pants, gloves or mittens. Young skaters may wish to wear waterproof clothing and gloves.
- - Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee.
- - Participants are welcome to bring their own skates although double blade skates are not permitted.
- - Full 8-week sessions will host a special event for class participants. This event may occur on a class dates. Event details will be communicated each session by staff.
- - Still have questions? Visit www.fmcicesports.com or call 1-888-74-SKATE.