RECREATION SUMMER CAMP 2020
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
SPEND THE SUMMER WITH NORTHBOROUGH RECREATION!
Our enthusiastic and creative camp counselors will engage your kids in a variety of fun activities throughout the summer. Every day is a new adventure; sports, games, water play, crafts, science and cooking projects, playground fun, weekly field trips (gr 1-8), and more! Campers are placed in groups by age/grade and planned activities are safe and age appropriate. Older kids enjoy separate fun from younger children. Kids ages 3-5 will have their own specially designed schedule separate from grade school children that will include rest/quiet time. Full day with early drop off, late pick up, lunch available for additional fees. Non-residents are welcome!
- Registration opens February 5th at www.northboroughrecreation.com* and in our office at 63 Main Street. Registration is ongoing until space fills. Registration closes the Monday before each session begins.
- Non-residents are welcome, no additional fees.
- Full Day Cost: $260/week for the first child; $230/week second child; $200/third child
- Early Drop Off: $35/family/week, 7:30-8am
- Extended Day: $65/family/week, 4-6pm
- Registering With A Deposit:You may reserve as many weeks as you like with only one week’s payment per child; all weeks must be paid in full by May 1st. Please note that online registration requires payment in full, as the online system does not allow for partial payments. If you wish to just pay a deposit of one week to hold multiple weeks, please come in person to register or contact our office at 393-5034.
- Early Bird Incentive! Register and pay in full by April 1st to receive a $10 credit on your Northborough Recreation account for every week your family* is registered. Credits can be used for extended day, camp lunch, other programs, etc. Early Bird credits are not refundable or redeemable for cash. Credits will be added to your account after June 10. *As of 2020, credits will be $10/family/week, not per child.
- Refunds & Withdrawals: The deadline to withdraw from camp and receive a full refund is June 1st. No refunds will be issued after that date. You can withdraw from camp no later than one week before a session begins in order to receive a household credit. Transferring weeks, with at least one week’s notice, is permitted as long as space allows.
What Does A Typical Day at Camp Look Like?
What does a typical day at camp look like? As children arrive, they will be greeted by the camp director and will be directed to their group leader. Each age/grade group has their own space to start their day and say hello to friends (or be introduced to new ones). Each group will then discuss the day’s upcoming fun.
Ages 3-5/entering Kindergarten: The children in this group will enjoy lots of hands-on fun throughout their day… arts & crafts, gym games, indoor/outdoor play, and snack time. On Tuesdays, they will also have water play. This age group will not leave camp for a field trip. Instead, once a week, full day campers will enjoy a visit by a professional entertainer (for example,a magician). Full day campers will also have scheduled rest/quiet time each day. Please provide a towel or yoga mat for rest time. Must be potty-trained.
Grades 1-8: Upon arriving kids will sign up for afternoon activities. Each age group (1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5th and 6th, & 7th and 8th*) will then participate in morning activities which will include snack time. After lunch, the kids are separated into groups by the activity they have chosen (older kids have different choices than younger). Daily activities include indoor/outdoor play, gym games, arts & crafts, sports, science projects, no-bake cooking activities, and more! Additionally, each Tuesday, campers will enjoy water fun (including a water slide, and lots of water games to keep cool) and every Wednesday, they will go on a field trip. *Please note that grade groupings are subject to change depending on the amount of kids registered for each grade.
We pride ourselves on hiring the best staff: All of our camp counselors are trained to work with children, are CPR/First Aid certified, and references and background checks have been obtained.
ALL EMERGENCY AND MEDICAL FORMS DUE BY JUNE 1st!
IMPORTANT! We can no longer accept children at summer camp without receiving all of the med forms by June 1st. Per Board of Health we cannot make any exceptions to this rule. If you sign your child up for camp after June 1st, you will have 3 days to get us your required medical forms. We cannot accept med or immunization forms the first day of the camp week. For your child’s safety, the director needs time to review all med forms prior to camp. Rec Emergency/Medical Forms can be found @ www.northboroughrecreation.com (see links below) or at our office. Immunizations must be obtained from your Doctor’s office. All forms can be dropped off or mailed (63 Main St., Northboro, MA, 01532), scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 508-393-6996, Att: Recreation.
Age/Grades: For kids ages 3 years old to entering 8th grade in Fall 2020. Must be at least 3 years old by the first day they are registered for, all kids must be potty trained.
Location: Melican Middle School, 145 Lincoln St. (weeks 1-6), Lincoln St Elementary, 76 Lincoln St. (weeks 7-8)
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm No half day options for 2020.
Early Drop Off: available 7:30-8am
Extended Day: available 4-6pm for an additional fee
Field Trips: Kids in 1-8th grade will attend a weekly field trip, which is included in the camp cost. Field trips will be on Wednesdays, with a rain date of Thursday if needed. Grades 1-8 campers must attend the field trip or stay home; there is no option to remain at camp. Campers ages 3-5 will enjoy a visit from a professional entertainer once a week.
Camp Lunch can be provided on a daily basis or by the week. Field trips do not always include lunch. The link to order lunch online is below.
Need Snacks & Lunch at camp?
Our Lunch Program can be purchased by the week or by the day. A link to the lunch program will be added below prior to camp start. You can register on-site at the camp by 9am.
We are a Licensed Camp
Northborough Recreation is a licensed camp. We comply with all state and local Board of Health regulations. Parents have the right to review background checks, healthcare, discipline policies and grievance procedures. All of our camp polices and procedures are available upon request. Please contact the Recreation Office at 508-393-5034 or email@example.com if you have questions.
2020 Field Trips (subject to change)
- Session 1, July 1: Apex, Westboro
- Session 2, July 8: Canobie Lake, NH or tubing at Ski Ward, Shrewsbury
- Session 3, July 15: Purgatory Chasm (gr 4+), Sutton or Trampoline Park at Apex, Westboro
- Session 4, July 22: Six Flags Amusement park, Agawam (gr 4+) or Ecotarium, Worcester
- Session 5, July 29: Kimball Farm, Westford or Strand Theater, Clinton
- Session 6, August 5: Six Flags Water Park, Agawam (grades 4+ only) or Bowlero, Shrewsbury
- Session 7, August 12: Water Wizz (gr 4+), Wareham or Jump Nation
- Session 8, August 19: Urban Air Adventure Park, Bellingham
Additional Forms and Files: